Wednesday 17 January 2007

Willpower and Drive

0 comments

Well, it's definately one of those days...My energy reserves are all sapped out by a manual dead-end job: that of POOP!and of all days...my blogging streak reawakens somewhere deep inside me mellowness and well, I simply can't resist it. Getting something interesting to talk about sometimes seems like a huge task so today I will go wherever the wind blows...
So about my dead-end job:aged care...I wouldn't wanna be caught dead doing this as a lifetime career...trust me the cons surpass the pros...right now all am thinking about aint even the money...just a list of things I gotta have once I'm paid...which is somewhere this week.My hands are itching to spend some hard earned cash...Shopping is one of my major stress relievers so to say I JUST CAN'T WAIT! That would be an understatement.A raw deal.
I have even jotted out a list of things I need and then prioritised them again and again...not sure now if getting an ipod before a new phone will make me happier or vice-versa...that now is my predicament!But you know what? Looking at the list, I am proud that I have set myself some goals which are definitely achievable and in the end of it...I will be broke and it will be back to square one but I will have these "trophies of achievement"....so now you understand why I say, I JUST CAN'T WAIT! to go shopping...
Money does make the world go round ...it does give one a sense of independence and there is nothing as liberating as having "purchasing power". Trust me I have spent many a day budgeting cent-wise, eating $1 noodles and basically being depressed about not having enough money to do the things I wanna do...things that could make me happy and feel wholesome.So I guess even if my job feels like it will be the death of me...am quite happy to cash out at the ATM at the end of the day!
All it takes as a bit of willpower (to wake up in the mornings!)and drive(because without it am just a dead-beat.)

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails