Thursday 15 October 2009

Simply Red

2 comments




This post has been lurking in my head for a few days now but I just couldn't bring myself to type a complete sentence as I have been mentally and physically exhausted lately. (Bub must be undergoing a super mega huge growth-spurt.)

Firstly, I just want to write about my 2 dollar shoes that have kept me going for close to a year now. I got them from a Brotherhood of St Laurence Op Shop. It wasn't love at first sight but my hubby had come along with me that day and he convinced me that the shoes totally suited me. So I got them because I figured that 2 dollars was a very pocket friendly price and that if I didn't like them after 2 weeks I could always take them back . Well, thing is, after a few wears I was totally hooked to these shoes.

No other pair of shoe I've ever worn has fitted me perfectly (Please note: I have an extremely big toe and I always find it tricky getting the perfect fit of shoe as I lie between a size 6 and a 7), and none ever suited my everyday needs like my simply red flat- heeled shoes .

Unfortunately, all things come to an end. After months and days of walking, running and dancing in my shoes the soles are giving in to the wear and tear. I thought about getting the soles replaced but that would be far more expensive than I purchased them for. I don't think it will be worth the effort. I can only liken the whole experience to this: Once you lose your virginity, there is no taking it back…

So here is an ode to my simply red shoes.




You have been with me through thick and thin.
I will always have a place in my heart (and blog) for you.
Thanks for the memories and the comfort!


I forgot what else I wanted to write about.(Please excuse my scantiness…It's called having a baby brain.)

Song in my head: Whitney Houston - My Own Strength
( I love that Whitney is back. Kudos!)

Mood: Tired and sick of the weather(but thankful for the rain!-Our rainwater tank is finally brimful.)

Pregnancy so far: 14 weeks and 2days.

2 comments:

Ruth said...

Hi there, Jo! You've got yourself a lovely blog here, and you seem to be a lovely person. Congratulations on the start of a new life for you and your Hubby. I hope you get the girl you so desire.

This post about your sweet red shoes is just wonderful. Sometimes we get attached to something we don't expect to. Then it really is hard to let it go when its usefulness is done. I say - keep them on a shelf in your closet so you can see them and smile.

Besides, one day your daughter can play dress-up in them. Now be on the lookout for a red hat, gloves and a rockin' purse to match. I gave my daughter a trunk full of outfits I nabbed from my mother's closet that she didn't wear any more. Wow, did Daughter and her cousins ever have a blast with that! Even old glasses.

Jo said...

Ruth,

Thanks for the wonderful comment and fun suggestions about what to do with the red shoes...and I do hope I get a girl!

Ta!

Related Posts with Thumbnails