Thursday 4 February 2010

My Pregnancy at 30 weeks

0 comments

So far I must say that this pregnancy has treated me kindly.Lately I feel like I am on such a natural high and I must say I love what these pregnancy hormones are doing to me.I definitely have that pregnancy glow( and I thought it was just something people said to make you feel better when you actually really looked like a blown up futon.)

As my due date (April 11) nears, I am growing more confident that my baby Lita is getting stronger and more viable for this tough world we live in. She has been very active over the last two weeks, giving me hard kicks as she is running out of room in my womb. My bump now feels as solid as a rock! It is just amazing how much I have popped out in the last few days, although I must say my bump is relatively small compared to many pregnant women's.

I got pretty positive feedback from my last hospital visit.I had been anxiously anticipating the outcome of my gestational diabetes test.The midwife informed me that my test reading came at 4.9.That was a huge relief as I was dreading the thought of having to inject myself with insulin shots as I really hate needles.Nevertheless I have to keep up with my diet and in some ways improve on eating my greens as I am very low on iron.I am now taking vitamin D supplements as well as iron supplements daily as well as my multi-vitamins.

Finally, I got my first sewing machine three weeks ago and with it come a surge of intense creativity.Or is this what they term as the nesting instinct? For a beginner, I am pretty impressed with what I have accomplished on my machine so far. I have already made a baby sling for Lita after watching this simple to follow tutorial on how to make a pouch sling for baby.



I have also finished hemming my new curtains and I am already thinking of ways to alter my old jeans so that I can fit my growing belly into them.Sometimes I get carried away day dreaming of ways to breath new life into my old tired clothes or going to the op shop and getting items to redesign (recycle). I have grand ideas at the moment! Maybe I can start my own fashion clothing line of recycled clothing. But at the moment my sewing machine is keeping me very busy in these last stages of pregnancy and the days do seem to be zooming by.

Hubby and I have also been renovating our house in readiness for bub.To tell the truth Hubby has been doing most of the work!He's been so supportive and nurturing.I count myself very lucky to have such a caring partner. The baby nursery is far from ready but we have been busy purchasing the baby essentials over the last few weeks and getting seconds from close friends. We still have to paint the nursery walls and set everything in place although I don't think Lita will be using her room at least until she is 3 months old.

Today my hubby decided to drive to Sydney for the weekend to visit his folks and at the same time pick up a surf ski that he bought off ebay.I can't bear to be apart from him.To say the least,I am missing my baby boo:-( Anyway I gotta call it a night.I will try and post pics of our ongoing house renovations soon!

* Image by Sabrina Eras

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails