Thursday 22 January 2009

An Ode to the Earth Son: Obama

0 comments


WITH THE WORLD ON HIS SHOULDERS,

CAN THIS MAN SAVE THE PLANET EARTH?

Lately, I have been musing over fact that one individual can have such an enormous effect on the lives of so many. Whether the effect be good or bad is subject to another post of its own merit but in that same note, I have wanted to do post on Obama for so long and today after seeing this image of him from this website, I got inspired to write something small. Call it an ode’ to Obama: The most powerful man on earth today.

I didn’t want to regurgitate the sentiments of other people. After percolating for a while about my own feelings towards Obama, I can sum him up to be : The Earth Son.

For me, he represents a new dawn and makes me elated to be in a generation where anyone can soar to great heights in spite of their background.

I am amazed at how President Obama, a man with black roots has become a symbol of hope not only for many Americans but for many people in the world. His rise to power is steep but I’m sure for a person of colour, he had to work twice or even thrice as hard as his white counterparts to get to where he is.

Of course, behind every successful man is a woman, and Michelle Obama has truly been “his rock”.

When I look at Obama, I see a Leader but I also see a Servant. Sometimes, I can’t help but be overcome with emotion whenever they air him on TV. I don’t think no one person in the world has ever had so much goodwill behind him like President Obama has and I do pray that his time in that revered seat will truly make a difference the world-over.

Click here for President Barrack Obama's Inaugural Speech.




0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails