Sunday 4 October 2009

Finally a post...in starts and stops...

2 comments

Its been ages since I last blogged here such that I cant exactly say I am picking off where I left .


I don't even think that will be possible for me to continue in the same continuum or even in the same frame of mind because a lot has happened in between posts. This year has been a very eventful one for me.


I got hitched in May to my partner of two years. Yay!




And now am proud to say that I am 3 months expectant with my first child!Big yay!


This is the first time I am putting the big news out there for the rest of the world, and I've told a few friends and my immediate family only last week. I have come to the end of my first trimester and can only hope that things get easier from now on (in terms of controlling raging hormones and maintaining a semblance of sanity!)


While I can positively say I have not experienced any nasty morning sickness , I have had a few days when the nausea just decides to kick in and stay.Being pregnant is no camping holiday but I must appreciate the fact that my body seems to be handling it pretty well.I am coping by drinking lots of ginger and sucking on eucalyptus lollies.This baby is gonna come out smelling like either or both!


Apart from that I am in great anticipation of the next few months.Pregnancy is already a huge learning curve for me and I expect that motherhood will also teach me a thing or two ! I have to book for my second (12 week)ultrasound tomorrow, which I think I have left a little too late to do.I went solo for my first ultrasound during week 9 but this time I plan on having hubby present.The lady technician who did the scan last time said that everything looked normal.The baby measured 2.56cm from head to rump and looked like a small grey blob on the monitor.I couldn't exactly relate to the image on the monitor, never the less it was the first time that it actually hit home that I had something growing (and moving) inside of me!The baby's heart-beat was was normal too …


Here is an image of the baby at 9 weeks.




I am also looking forward to the coming weekend as I am planning a BBQ at our place, so that I have a chance to share the news with the rest of my friends.I know a few of my friends have seen this coming for a while now so it won't be a major surprise for them.It's just important for me to make an official baby announcement , so that no one is surprised 6 months from now when they see me in the streets pramming a baby who may or may not look like me!
 

Oh God, I hope she looks like me…(I desperately want a baby girl!) I even have the prefect name in store for her although I have to give the husband credit for wanting this particular name for our baby.Left to me,I would have probably selected a boring name for her.My best friend almost puked when I once suggested Lavinia for a baby name. I don’t know why,but I thought it was a good choice at the time :( 


Anyway, if this baby happens to be a boy, oh boy! He shall be raised like a girl!He will be raised in a similar manner to that of a last-born Samoan boy in a family of 5 boys!He will be raised with female etiquette and sensitivity!On the other hand,knowing myself, he may very well end up being a spoiled mama's boy.Hmm! In the meantime, we will cross those bridges when we come to them.

I REALLY WANT A GIRL!

Hubby and I did everything to maximize our chances of having a girl.If I get a baby girl, I will be sure to blog with unequivocal conviction and in scientifically proven manner of tone about "How to successfully conceive a baby girl." 

For now, I can only hope that everything we did to get a girl won't be in vain.



2 comments:

Arufeni said...

Mwende, you'll be a lovely mum :-) thanks for sharing your journey :-)

Loco said...

Firstly, welcome back
Secondly, congratulations on the broom jumping
Thirdly, All the best in momhood

:-D

Related Posts with Thumbnails