Saturday 12 May 2007

7 things about Jo

7 comments


1.I care about what people (will) think.

This is one of the bad aspects that I am really trying hard to shake off and sometimes I tend to do the opposite and do stuff regardless of what people think or want. And that makes it even worse coz then I end up giving them something to talk about. Bottom line is...I hate it when I feel forced to comply to what others want...but sometimes its a means to an end, and thats when I have to swallow my pride...

2.I am an escapist.

Yes, I have to own up to this. I always find myself procrastinating or doing something else " that is more fun, than what I am supposed to be doing.Example, I am blogging right now, when there are a million other things that I should be doing...like working on my 3d model on skecth-up, or drafting my plans, sections, elevations and perspectives or that 2500 word essay on architectural theories that's due in 2weeks time and I haven't even started on the research!
See, that right there is escapism and am a class -act extermist when it comes to it, but jeez, give a girl a break!Its not last minute yet...see another one of my flaws...

3.Coz I got high...

Now like the Aegeus, I get high on music, even without having had any fuel (pints) to precipitate it.Most of the time when I go out clubbing, I will be the ice -breaker on the dance floor and katika like there is no tomorrow. The best experience I have had so far is this one time when I got to the dance floor and there was house music and rock playing and I just got this humongous music connection with some white dude and we chucked moves for each other that left everyone on the floor gasping for more. At the end of the night we thanked eached other for such a whole-some random experience. I tell you, I can only sum it up as priceless! , and it wasn't even about g.r.i.n.d.i.n.g...,though there was a lot of energy in the air fit to ignite a small fire!

4.I hate gossips.

Everyone who knows me knows that I hate vybing about other people. But I love talking about myself! Am sure that doesn't count. Hakuna kitu kaa gossiping about ya-self au?!

5.I love to keep a low profile.

Like most people, I have an inner wild-child that is always fighting to be unleashed, but those who know me well enough, know that I also like keeping a low profile. This is because I sometimes can be mistaken for being a bit big-headed...lakini when you are a pro like that...i guess you can't help it!But seriously, I try to,...very hard.

6.I refrain from judging people too fast.

I don't judge people by first-impressions.This is a good thing, but sometimes I have been taken for a ride*(seen as gullible) by some people who think that I don't know what they are up to.When their actions start speaking louder than their words, I duly bail out!

7.Philosophy that I live by: I am a work in progress...

As a teenager, I never fully appreciated myself.I had deep self-esteem issues which made me shy away from interactions, or even stand up for myself. But with time all that has changed, and although am still not too outspoken, I know that am a force to reckon with in my own calm and collected premise.I read in between the lines and most of the time I am prudent.

@ Aegeus: You only asked for 7; you only get what you ask for!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahem, i am first? Let me go read up now.

egm said...

I relate to 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7. Sometimes for 5 I think I keep too tight a lid in place...

Unyc said...

I would love 2 c u dance!! It cn be a challenge...
U dont come across as an escapist...2500 words on what...

As for Music getting u high..i totally agree with that. Wonder how the world wld be if there ws no music for a week...

Jo said...

@ Aegeus: I will do a post about,"First Posters" who are always eager to be the first to comment on any blog!So watch this space!

@egm: I see we have much in common ;)

@ Unyc:When I get back we should hook up and go dancing God willing.Like yesterday I went out for a friend's graduation after-party and peeps were feeling to good to step onto the dancefloor. So I convinced a guy pal to go to the floor with me when some sawa crunk tunes started playing.I had some good fun!

The essay is about contrasting two Architectural Theories: That of Complexity and Contrast by Venturi with that of Bigness by Rem Koolhaas.Lets just say: I have a long way to go!

Esther Garvi said...

So you got tagged too... Wonder what happens when you get tagged several times over? Anyway! Just wanted to say that I know what you mean about blogging when there are so many other things one should ACTUALLY be doing... Escapism at its peak! Greetings from Niger

Jo said...

@Ishtar: When it comes to bloggin', "its all good!"
Nice to know I have a viewer from Niger!Cheers!

Anonymous said...

procrastination...welcome, says the professor. i have a phd. music...food for the soul, fuel for the spirit...

nice list...

aegeus, auliwe...

Related Posts with Thumbnails