Tuesday 5 June 2007

Happy World Environment Day (WED)

3 comments

Today, in the spirit of World Environmental Day, I decided to take some photos of the nature that surrounds me. It being autumn and all, I am always enchanted by the orange tinge that some of the trees acquire during this time of year and the heaps of orange that blankets the ground when those leaves fall.

I took these beautiful pictures at my Uni. grounds.

[Click the images for larger views.]


An Ode to Mother Nature!


I loved the lemony shade of this tree.



...of oranges, greens and yellows...and the brick building at the background adds to the whole ensemble of vibrant colours that make up for a cloudy day!



I think the bike rider with his orange jacket added a bit of spice to this picture.



Still getting there...The colours seem to be ripening as autumn reaches its full bloom.


Click here for 77 ways to celebrate WED from the UNEP website.

3 comments:

egm said...

Nice pics. For a moment there I was thrown off cause here we are just getting into summer. That is until I remembered you are on the other hemisphere. Autumn (or fall as they call it here) is a time of vibrant colours that make for great pictures.

Jo said...

@EGM
How apt that you should be the first one to comment on my picture post! I am just on my way over to your blog to see what you have been up to lately!

Anonymous said...

Lovely pics! Is that where you live? It looks beautiful!

Related Posts with Thumbnails